Edward R. Murrow Award Entry: Overall Excellence for 2014
Marfa Public Radio serves a large geographic area, from the border of Mexico to the Permian Basin. For parts of Far West Texas, it's the only region-wide, real-time, daily broadcast media.
Audio link above. Rundown for Overall Excellence award submission.
- Breaking news about Texas ranchers voting on a producer-funded research program
- A primer on what state troopers, sheriffs, and police can ask you on a traffic stop
- An interview on how Texas wildfires may get worse in the future
- An investigative report on a suspected Mennonite drug smuggler
- A newscast on Memorial Day commemorations
- A sound-rich collage of townspeople talking about the weather
- A feature report on what an upcoming federal ban may mean for border musicians
- A sports story on the launch of a new university football program
- Breaking news about mismanagement and corruption at city hall
- Continuing coverage on a federal drug raid on a West Texas hookah lounge
- Part of a series on the opportunities for solar energy in West Texas
- A newscast on what happened to a proposed ban on hydraulic fracking
Marfa Public Radio is devoted to local, original content and to public service; this is reflected on its website, through election results, business news, critical updates on local crises, a daily talk show that spotlights the community, and just hanging out with neighbors.
Thank you for your consideration.