Marfa Public Radio believes in the capacity of public media to shape and animate who we are, where we live, and how we relate. Public media serves a critical role in our region.
Marfa Public Radio is one of the most awarded small-market stations in the nation for excellence in journalism. MPR serves approximately 30,000 square miles of Far West Texas, plus an online streaming audience worldwide. In 2018, Marfa Public Radio won three National Murrow awards and 10 regional awards. This year, the station swept every category in the Texas and Oklahoma region. We believe the stories of Far West Texas are just as essential as stories from other parts of the country. We aim to be a model for public radio beyond our listening range.
The station has five core functions: serving as a lifeline, innovating in public media, being a beacon for local stories, providing the soundtrack of Far West Texas, and creating a place where the wide range can connect.
Marfa Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for a position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Traffic & Operations Coordinator
Marfa Public Radio is looking for a traffic and operations coordinator to staff its live audio services. This position will help manage how we sound on the air, including adding things to our traffic software and scheduling shows with our music hosts.
Experience with traffic software isn’t required. A passion for audio, attention to detail, and experience with computers are crucial.
Tasks for the part-time traffic and operations coordinator include:
- Communicating with Volunteer DJs on schedules and programming.
- Producing, scheduling, and confirming the placement of underwriting orders, live reads, and promos.
- Generating traffic logs and playlists.
- Downloading syndicated programs.
- Downloading pre-recorded music shows.
- Adjusting programming clocks and traffic logs for program changes and special programs.
- 1-2 years of task and goal-oriented work.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Passionate about news or music radio shows and podcasting.
- Passionate about technology.
Part-Time, $25k a year.
To apply, please send an email, including your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marfa Public Radio is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant locally. Candidates should live in Marfa or within commuting distance. The Administrative Assistant will provide support in three areas: visitor services, administration, and membership. They will be supervised by the Business Manager and work closely with the Membership Department. They will support management and/or operations through their work in various capacities. This job pays $20/hour.
Tasks for the Administrative Assistant include:
- Welcoming visitors at front desk, answering phones
- Handling merchandise sales, premium fulfillment, and inventory
- Assisting with administrative tasks, including filing, picking up the mail, and making deposits
- Supporting membership with customer service, database entry, and member drive planning
- Assisting with event coordination
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and expertise in customer service
- Cash register skills and interest in radio
- Experience with data entry and database systems is a plus
- Must adhere to organizational standards of confidentiality and ethics
- Candidates bilingual in English and Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, email resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com.