Marfa Public Radio and Big Bend Sentinel Joint Town Hall: Aging And Dying In The Big Bend Region
Seniors living in the Big Bend region struggle to get the care that they need. Many end up having to leave their homes and travel far away at the end of their lives to seek healthcare.
The Big Bend Sentinel and Marfa Public Radio are hosting a joint town hall on aging and dying in the tri-county area on November 21st, featuring a panel of West Texans dedicated to serving the needs of seniors and their families.
Our aim is to include the larger community in this conversation, with a goal of supporting next steps.
- Marvie Burton, former director of Hospice of the Big Bend
- Suzanne Dungan, Marfa hospice advocate
- Angela Juett and Cynthia Kirkpatrick, Agave Home Health
- Yvette Lugo, Rio Grande Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging
- Linda Molinar, Preventative Care Health Services
- Big Bend Regional Medical Center
The town hall will be streamed live on Marfa Public Radio's Facebook page. A shortened version will also air on West Texas Talk on the following Thursday, November 28th at 6 p.m. and Friday, November 29th at 9 a.m.
What questions would you like addressed at the town hall? Ask here.