New Dates For Coronavirus Testing In The Big Bend Area
The state is returning to Far West Texas with a new round of coronavirus testing. The new dates come as Presidio County is seeing what officials are calling a concerning rise in cases.
The Texas Department of Emergency Management will hold testing sites in Presidio, Marfa, Alpine, Fort Davis and Terlingua. All testing is free and open to residents throughout the Big Bend region.
As in the past, tests will be an oral swab, and most testing will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or until supplies run out. Testing in Terlingua on Nov. 13, however, will only run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. While not required, appointments can be made 24 hours in advance of the testing day here.
Marfa: Tuesday, Nov. 10
- Presidio County Courthouse, 300 North Highland Avenue, 79843.
City of Presidio : Wednesday, Nov. 11
- City of Presidio EMS and Fire Station, 100 E. FM 170, 79845.
Alpine: Thursday, Nov. 12
- North Brewster County Emergency Response Center, 102 South Second Street, 79843.
Fort Davis: Friday, Nov. 13
- Fort Davis Fire Station, 200 Court Ave, 79734
Terlingua: Friday, Nov. 13
- South Brewster County Emergency Response Center, 23250 FM 170, 79852.
- Note: To get tested in Terlingua, make your appointment here.
Editor's note: an early version of this story incorrectly listed the location for testing in Marfa.
This story has been updated to include the addition of testing in Terlingua.